jueves, 23 de abril de 2009

I Fought the Wall, and the Wall Won.

Jueves el 23

So, Lagos. A group of 8 of us set out for Lagos, Portugal last Thursday afternoon to have our own little weekend getaway. That is exactly what it turned out to be. We arrived via 2 hilarious looking cars (some sort of Opel model) which essentially looked like metal boxes on wheels. Jimmy and I had a caravan going the entire way, a 4 hour drive full of lots of green, trees, hills, and little white houses with orange roofs. Portugal is an incredibly beautiful country, and it costs next to nothing to live like a king there. We each paid just over 20 euro for the entire weekend in an enormous and luxurious apartment. Whoever let us do that obviously didn't know that a group of 20-somethings were about to invade and take full advantage of such freedom.

Every day we would make a trip to the grocery store, buy food essentials for each of our themed dinners (which included Mexican fiesta, spaghetti night, and a good ol' all AMERICAN BBQ), get some fresh ingredients for drinks, and Jimmy and I went to town in the kitchen, cooking and bar tending for our friends. After our enormous, once-a-day meal, we would head out and check out the night life, which was awesome, and I got to practice one of my favorite pastimes, meeting people.

The last day was by far the best. After enjoying our American-sized American all American BBQ, we decided to start up an intense game of wiffle ball. This game started with Jimmy, Paul and I in our living room. Our apartment was THAT big. Somewhere in there Paul tackeld me in to a wall, where I hit my head and got what we all believe was a mild concussion. No matter though, after the first injury of the day, we decided to continue the game outside, where everyone else managed to hurt themselves in some other way throughout the rest of the day/night. Scraped and bloodied knees seemed to be the theme of the day, luckily I escaped without any external bleeding (who knows about the internal though). Paul managed to get his pants so grassy that he changed into Jimmy's bright red, skin-tight pants. He wore them out that night (one of the many reasons that I love my friends here). To shake of the injuries, we electric slid the night away. Good warm up before hitting the bars downtown.

The drive home was a bit more brutal than the one there, but we made it in one piece. One of my favorite vacations to date. If you're ever in Europe, Portugal is another one of those places that you have to make a stop through.

At this point, I have little left of the welt/egg on my head. Wiffle ball. It's a power sport.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario