jueves, 15 de enero de 2009

HAMMATIME!

They say that Europe is one year ahead of America when it comes to fashion. If that's true, I'm scared.

MC Hammer pants are back. I kid you not.

It all began at the Madrid airport. I think I saw a total of two girls there wearing hammer pants, both purple. At first I thought maybe they were just baggy sweat pants, but upon further investigation it was clear.

If you don't know what hammer pants are, I'll try and explain. If need be, look up a picture of MC Hammer. I think he's bankrupt now, so I mean, even if you were famous for wearing these pants at one time, you're screwed in the end. Anyway, they're really tight from the ankle to around the knee area, and all of a sudden they balloon out, so it looks like your crotch is at your knees. Aladdin wore them better than anyone. I don't care who you are though, seeing people in hammer pants makes me feel better about leaving the door in sweats (when Marisa and I went running yesterday, I think people wanted to push us into the ocean because our sweatpants didn't match our random oversized t-shirts. Europe makes you feel bad about what you wear in America).

It gets worse. They have hammer jeans here. They are EXACTLY what you think they are.

The grandkids came over again today for lunch. I hope there's some truth in what they say about things getting worse before they get better, because this is the "conversation" I had today.

Ana: Oh it's so cold outside!
Me: Yes.
Ana: You have something on your face that looks like blood.
(I popped a zit earlier and I guess it was red. I don't know the word for zit, and I don't know how to say pop, and that's none of her business, plus she's too young to know about zits, so if it's not embarrassing enough that I popped a zit, I can't even fucking explain it)
Me: (point to face) Here?
Ana: Yes.
Me: Oh, I don't know why.

Oye, picha, ya es la hora. Cervesita time.

1 comentario:

  1. AKA Parachute pants, and omg yes, they are everywhere, here. Saw a lady wearing some fancy, brown parachute pants with nice boots today. Made me think maybe I'd buy some. Then I remembered they were Hammer pants!

    ResponderEliminar