miércoles, 14 de enero de 2009

Please get online. WAAAHHH

Miercoles el 14

The internet situation is really starting to become a problem. If I'm at home, I'm either eating a meal, taking a siesta, sleeping (those are two different things), or doing homework. The rest of the time, we all sit out in the plazas, patiently awaiting to hear the fun noises that come out of skype to tell us that someone is online! NO ONE IS EVER ONLINE! WAAAHHHH.

I'm really beginning to realize how much we take the privilege of having internet in our bedrooms for granted. So for now, I will sit in the plaza until my fingers freeze off and I can't type anymore.

My skype name is mosz1987, and my cell phone number is (34) 669 277 339. Please. Contact me.

Today after lunch, I told my madre that I was going to go running. I don't know if I've written much about her, but she's really funny, and I'm starting to understand her better. She's really loud and talks super fast, not weird for people from Andalucía. So anyway, I told her I was going to go running...

Me: So, I'm going to take a nap and then go for a run with my friend
Madre: Oh good! Did you like your lunch?
Me: Yes of course, you're the best cook in Spain
Madre: Well clearly! You're going to have to go running if you don't want to get a fat ass!
And at this point she sort of taps each butt cheek with her hands. People are very close here, as you can see.

Marisa and I went running by the ocean. Even though it is shitty weather still, it's beautiful, and it'll be that much better once I can remember what the sun looks like.

So it's off to the new part of town tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Adios picha

2 comentarios:

  1. Bueno, hijita, tu madre es la primera persona que publica un comentario en tu blog. Quisieara que tienes sueno largo. Te quiero, Mom

    ResponderEliminar
  2. So,my Spanish is even rustier than yours. What I wanted to say was "I hope you have a long sleep." But I think I might have said "I hope you are really tired." :) Hugs, Mom

    ResponderEliminar